Harden Furniture is designed and manufactured to provide years of dependable service under normal circumstances and use. Harden warrants to the original purchaser that our products are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product per the specific terms of our warranty.
The Harden limited lifetime warranty does not apply to customer damage, alteration, improper cleaning, commercial use, accident or routine wear.
Harden uses only the finest materials, and the majority of our products are crafted from solid hardwoods. Veneers are used only in situations where decorative patterns or structure integrity do not allow the use of solid hardwood. In response to seasonal climate variations, solid wood will contract and expand throughout the life of the product, and is thus not warranted for this purpose. In addition, any claim for season splits, checking or other issues related to the natural characteristics of wood is limited to 5 years from time of purchase.
The warranty applies to purchases from authorized Harden dealers and does not apply to purchases of as-is, distressed or display samples. Any expenses related to packing and transporting merchandise for a warranty claim are not covered by this warranty.
Catalog and sample presentations are often inconsistent with the merchandise you receive and Harden does not warrant any differences in color, texture or appearance.
Harden may repair, replace or substitute different products for any merchandise deemed defective at its sole discretion.
Cushion cores will soften with age and “comfort wrinkles” are expected, and thus are warranted for a period of 5 years of normal residential use.
- Cushion cores must be maintained properly and should be “flipped” at least monthly to retain consistent shape and loft.
- Sleeper mechanisms are warranted for a period of 5 years and are not warranted if in commercial use or if there is evidence of misuse.
- Upholstery fabrics and leather are warranted for a maximum of one year and are not warranted against pet damage, stains, fading from direct sunlight and improper cleaning.
- Exposed wood joinery will occasionally loosen with age and any routine restoration of a glue joint is not covered by warranty.
- Variations in dye lots, pattern match and the texture of wood, fabric and leather are expected and are not covered by warranty unless deemed defective by Harden at it’s sole discretion.
- COMs are not covered under the Harden warranty.
- Any after-market application of stain protection or other material voids Harden’s warranty.
- Solid hardwoods and veneer panels include natural defects such as mineral marks, pitch pockets, color and grain variation that are not covered under the terms of this warrantee.
- Dining chairs and office chairs are limited to a warranty period of 5 years, with fabric and leather limited per the terms of our upholstery warranty.
- The use of glass tops will encourage warping by restricting the normal exchange of moisture and thus voids warranty coverage.
- Solid cherry and cherry veneer will darken as it ages, assuming a deep, rich patina. As this is a natural characteristic of cherry it is not covered by warranty.
- Stains, glazes and lacquers will experience subtle changes in color and texture, particularly when exposed to heat and/or direct sunlight, and thus are not covered by warranty.
- The use of silicone polish will cause the top coat of lacquer to become “cloudy” and evidence of silicone contamination will void this warranty
- Any claims under this warranty should be made through the retail store where the original purchase was made.
- We encourage our customers to register their purchase through the Harden web site.